Thursday, September 2, 2010

alFresco filmFesto: July 23 - August 27, 2010



The start of the Atlantic Film Festival is fast approaching, and to drum up excitement the AFF held its fifth annual outdoor "drive in theatre" style screenings on the Halifax Waterfront. I say "drive in", but the only parking available was for bicycles (I win!).

The outdoor showings happen every Friday during the summer, and a massive screen is set up on the Waterfront (or on the side of the Nova Scotia Power building, but it was under repairs this year) and classic films are projected onto it. This year such "classics" as Dirty Dancing and The Karate Kid were on tap, along with a number of others. Each week saw a new film presented.

The scene depicted above was taken from the film "Easy Rider" which I saw on July 30th. Easy Rider stars a young Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper as two "hippie" bikers on a trip across America in search of a way to live their lives. Along the way they come across some right thinking individuals, and some rednecks. I won't give away the ending, but I will say that I hate rednecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment