Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nova Scotia National Historic Site #11: Fernwood



Fernwood Manor (above) is one of two houses, owned by brothers, that were the first houses along the Northwest Arm. Fernwood Manor and its sibling house are part of a Gothic revival neighbourhood near Point Pleasant Park in a southern suburb of peninsular Halifax. It's also a private, gated neighbourhood - which makes it really hard to photograph - nor is it well promoted either. I couldn't find any information about it on the Internweb, and even a local who questioned me on why I was taking pictures of private homes on private property didn't know that they were part of a neighbourhood that was a National Historic Site. Of course, after I mentioned I was a photographer for Ea-pea Dave's Terra Nova he was helpful and informed me about the brothers and bit about the Northwest Arm. But still....

(Note: if the picture seems a bit odd, it's because I was shooting directly into the sun, and tried to mend it afterwards on my computer with my limited retouching skills. Trust me, it's a lot better than it was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment